No matter what type of vehicle you own, keeping it in tip top condition requires attention to early service, periodic check ups and basic maintenance even if the car or truck seems to be running fine. April is the perfect time to get started, if you haven’t already done so, by taking part in National Car Care Month.
Whether you’ve visited and purchased from new or used car dealerships in Cincinnati, such as Superior Automotive Group, it’s in your best interest to follow the tips provided by the Car Care Council and the Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation during National Car Care Month.
Consider these tips from the Office of Consumer Affairs.
- Have a pre-selected repair shop that you’ve already researched on standby. Don’t wait until the car breaks down to start looking for help.
- When visiting the shop, ask about their customer satisfaction policy, type of state-of-the art equipment used, are the technicians certified, is the shop a member of a known trade association such as AAA, do they use brand parts and what is the warranty policy on parts and labor.
- Call the Better Business Bureau to ensure the shop has no complaints filed from customers.
According to a survey by the Car Care Council, the list below indicates the most often basic maintenance issues car owners fail to have addressed in a timely manner.
- Low or old brake fluid
- Air filters full of dirt and debris
- Belts needed to be replaced
- Coolant levels were too low
- Tire pressure was not applicable to what it should be. This could be one out of four or all four were running at low pressure.
- Engine oil was either too low or dirty
As you can see from the list, these issues are easily addressed with basic maintenance. Whether you choose to do-it-yourself or take the car in to an auto service expert for a general checkup, just taking care of the above issues can help keep your car running efficiently, safely and smoothly and save money in the long run.
If you’ve been holding off on having your car serviced or checked out; take heed. By finding and correcting an issue before your car breaks down and leaves you stranded can save you money in costly repairs. To avoid unnecessary expense and inconvenience, schedule an appointment today for a service checkup and a look under the hood with one of the qualified service technicians at Superior Automotive specializing in Honda, Acura, Hyundai and Kia vehicles.